Gardening and taking care of plants means doing a lot of things in order to ensure that the plants can grow strong and healthy. There are many factors that you have to consider when it comes to plant care. You have to think about watering at the right rate. You need to consider the soil that you have used.
One other major concern of gardening and taking care of plants is ensuring that your plants are getting the right amount of fertilizer and plant food. This is very crucial in the growth of plants. Here are some of the more common signs that your plants are not getting enough plant food:
• It is not flowering.
• The blooms that it produces are significantly smaller than normal.
• The leaves on it are falling at a great rate.
• The stem of the plant is very weak.
These are the normal symptoms that you have to keep in mind when it comes to undernourished plants. You need not have to worry about all of this, because it is still quite easy to remedy. You can get the best plant food that is available and add it once every week. Remember to use small amounts only since you are just after for the plant to be revived. Once you see the plant starting to grow well then you can switch to regular rate of adding plant food.
On the other end of the spectrum is something that you have to avoid as well and that is to use too much fertilizers.
• The leave tips are becoming brown.
• The leaves are starting to droop.
The different types of chemicals have different effects on the plants in the soil that is why there is no one single best plant food that can be used for all types of plants. While one type of fertilizer can make plants look lush and green another it might prevent one from blooming. That is why it is best to do some research first on the kind of soil that can be found on a certain location before planting anything there.
Organic and Chemical- There is an on-going argument right now between those who believe in organic fertilizers and those who go for chemicals. Each one claims that one is better than the other. Mostly I go for organic plant food because it is a lot healthier. Here are some of the more common substances that are needed by plants for growing properly:
• Nitrogen- This is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere but plants need it in the soil in order to be able to produce chlorophyll which is needed in its photosynthesis and more plant cells. Chemical fertilizers usually have nitrogen in the form of ammonium nitrate.
• Phosphorus- This is needed by plants in order for them to bloom and be able to produce flowers.
• Potassium- This is used by plants in order to manufacture its own food.
These are just some of the substances that are needed by plants in large quantities and must be found in the plant food.