There are several reasons why you should have an apple tree in your backyard. First of all it can be a great a great addition to the decoration in your place. It can be a pleasant sight for you and your family to enjoy and it can also be pleasing to the eyes of visitors. Then again there’s the undeniable benefit of having a tree that can provide one of the best tasting and nourishing fruits in your backyard. If you are thinking of adding an apple in your tree garden then here are some tips that you should keep in mind:
1. An apple tree needs more care than most other fruit bearing trees, which is why you need to be ready to spend some time in making sure that it has all that it needs in order to grow properly. One of the things that you have to make sure of is that your apple tree should have enough sunlight in order for it to grow healthy and well.
2. Another thing that you have to remember is that apple trees are very sensitive when it comes to too much moisture. That is why you have to make sure that you can provide adequate drainage to your apple tree garden to make sure that it get rid of excess water.
3. How do worms get in apples? Have you ever wondered about that? Apples are very prone to pests and those worms that we usually find in the fruit. The apple maggot and the codling moth are the two most common pests that affect apples and they become worms at some stage in their life. Unfortunately when these pests starts growing inside a fruit it usually ends up in it becoming uneatable. That’s because they feed on the fruit as well just like humans. You have to make sure that your plant should stay free from these pests once they start bearing fruits.
4. Pruning is an essential practice in making your plant grow right. You can cut off the branches that might be blocking the lower leaves from sunlight. You can also do that for the sheer fun of it.
5. When using fertilizers on apple trees there are really no hard and fast rules. The main thing that you have to remember is that it should be specific to the kind of apple tree that you have and the soil that your garden is made up of. You have to use the fertilizer to make up for whatever it is that the soil lacks.
6. There are many types of apple tree varieties and you have to find the right one that is suited for your garden and the amount of care that you can provide for it. Red delicious apple tree is the most popular variety which can produce a very impressive looking tree. This variety requires plenty of sunlight and a ground that has excellent crainage.
These are just some of the things that you can keep in mind to make sure that your apple plant stays healthy and strong.