If you are interested in pursuing a career n cosmetology and you want to pursue further studies in the field to help make you more competitive, then you should think about applying for grants for beauty school. In the past cosmetology schools were actually considered to be affordable options over regular a regular college education. Things have changed now and the status of beauty schools have risen and with that the cost of the education and the training that they provide. Getting a grant can give you the chance and the freedom to completely devote yourself in learning the art and the science of cosmetology. To help you out here are some ideas and tips on how you can get that grant to pursue your dreams:
• The first move that you ought to make is to pay a visit to the financial office of the school that you want to enrol in. The financial officers of the school should be able to direct you to the right grants to apply for and the right steps that you ought to take when applying. They can direct you not only to grants but to student loans, and state or federal programs that might be able to help finance your schooling.
• Start with the free financial aids, meaning don’t go for the student loans right away. You are obliged to pay the student loans after a certain period once you have completed your studies, so it is better to go for the free programs, that is not going to cost you anything.
• You have to consider the fact that beaty schools are usually booked well ahead of the scheduled classes. I suggest that you start looking moths ahead of your schedule for studying. You also have to consider the application process for the grant and the time that it might take before it gets approved.
Here are some of the beauty school grants that you might to apply for:
• American Cosmetology Education Grant- Funded by The American Association of Cosmetology Schools this grant provides financial assistance to students who apply through their schools. Several factors are used in determining whether an applicant should be awarded with the grant which starts off with a good application. Interviews are conducted as well to help in determining deserving candidates.
• The NCEA Aesthetician Scholarship– This grant is funded by the National Coalition of Aestheticians, Manufacturers and Distributors. It provides a financial that amount to about $1,000 to deserving students who are doing well in their class, has a good attendance record and `are in need financially. You can apply for this grant through your school.
• The Joe Francis Hair Care Scholarship– This program is meant to help students in cosmetology programs throughout the county. About 20 or so students each year are awarded with this grant.
These are just some of the grants that you can try applying for if you are enrolled in a beauty school. You just have to do well in the program and you should be awarded with any of these grants.