The skin around and right under your eyes are delicate and quite thin. It is even devoid of the fat layer that serves to protect other areas of the skin. This is the reason why you need to take great care in making sure that it gets the proper treatment. If you normally get comments from other people about how dark are the skin around and under your eyes are, then that means you might have to do something about that. That part of the face is really noticeable because we normally look at other people’s eyes. So if you do not want to get embarrassed then here are some tips and ideas on how to take care of under eye skin:
- One thing that you have to be aware of is the fact that dark circles around and under the eyes can mean some form of allergy. If you are constantly getting dark and puffy eyes even if you are getting enough sleep then you better consult a doctor about that because there might be something wrong with your health.
- Getting rid of puffy eyes and dark marking around the eyes do not cost a fortune. It is not like some other complicated dermatological procedure where you need to spend a lot. If you always wake up in the morning with problems like that with the skin around your eyes that might be a problem related with water retention. The problem can be resolved by making sure that you drink enough water everyday.
- Coffee, foods that are highly salty and alcoholic beverages can cause related problems with water retention which may lead to problems with under eye skin. If you don’t want to have that kind of problem again then you should eliminate that food from your diet totally.
- When you wake and you feel that the skin around your eyes are swelled and puffed up, you can try patting it gently. This action can help to distribute the fluid on the skin around your eyes in an even manner. Don’t try to rub it though that can only aggravate things by making the swelling worse.
- It goes without saying that having enough sleep can prevent will prevent this problem from happening in the first place. So make sure to set aside enough time for sleeping and taking some rest. You can try to sleep with your heads raised even more. That can help the water from collecting around your eyes which causes the puffy look. You can try to use an additional pillow or two to raise your head to the right level.
- Makes sure that you give proper rest for your eyes if your job involves staring at a computer screen for hours all day. You can try splashing water on them when they feel tired, or closing them for a few minutes to free them from the strain of having to look at computers.
These are just some of the things that you can do to care for the skin under your eyes.