The question of the proper way of taking care of the skin is not an easy one to answer. There are so many methods that are available that sometimes they can be in conflict with each other. So if you are actually looking for a good way that you can follow then you might get lost a little. So what are the best methods for taking care of our skin?
How to Take Really Good Care of Your Skin– First of all you have to keep in mind that the skin has its own way of taking care of itself. The only thing that we need to do is to assist those natural methods. I know, that’s easier said than done. There are so many skin care methods being promoted but none of them seems to work really. To help you out here are some tips for skin care that you can follow:
1. Sun Protection– This should fall on top of the list because a lot of people it seems are unaware that we should be minding the way that we are exposing ourselves to the sun these days. Research has proven that there is a direct link to skin cancer and the amount of exposure that you get directly under the sun. This is really no joking matter and you should cut down on the time that you are under the sun directly and if you will be going out you have to use a sunscreen all of the time to protect your skin.
2. Cleansing– You have to find a good cleanser that you can use twice daily. The trick here is to find a product that works for you and not to go around trying to look for other brands. Just stick with one that you know should work for you.
3. Moisturize- This is something that should be done by everyone including those who have oily skin. It would always help to keep your skin with enough moisture that you can use.
4. Exfoliate- This is a process that most people forget about. It is something that the skin naturally does but we need to do everything that we can to help the natural process. You can do dry brush exfoliation each morning right after you take the shower. The process is simple enough; you just use a soft brush and use it to do small circular strokes on the skin. This can help in getting rid of the dead skin cells there.
5. Keeping Stress out- One of the biggest reasons of premature skin aging is because of stress. There is a direct link between the amount of stress that we feel and how old our skin seems to be. That is why we need to stay away from too much stress from home or from the office if we can.
6. Stop Smoking– Another reason for premature skin aging is smoking. There are so many factors that can negatively affect the way that your skin looks so don’t add to the burden by smoking.