Many individuals yearn to own their own business. The reality of such dreams is becoming more prevalent with the growth of online business opportunities. One of the most successful online business models are the online retail businesses such as Amazon.com, Buy.com, and eBay. As these businesses grow, there is another opportunity for to own your own business in the form of a shipping franchise.
What is a franchise?
Franchising is where an individual or group of individuals duplicates the business of a successful store or other business. The franchisor, is the company who owns the trademark name, and the franchisee is the person who owns the individual business. One of the most common examples is that of McDonalds Restaurant.
What are the Benefits of Franchising?
• You are more likely to succeed. Over 75% of new franchise businesses succeed compared to about 5% of small businesses succeed.
• You tap into an already established trade name.
• You own a business with a strategy that has already proven to be successful.
• You can get help with business strategies.
• You get help with marketing your business since it is part of an established marketing plan for the chain.
• You are the owner of the business and can manage your own life and schedule.
What are the Benefits of a Shipping Franchise?
• There is a growing need for businesses to ship merchandise.
• Small online retailers need the benefit of a shipping discount that they cannot obtain on their own.
• A shipping franchise provides the benefit of large volume discounts to small volume shippers.
• There are models where you can work at home.
• If you work at home, you don’t need to lease or buy a place of business; you don’t need to maintain inventory or special equipment.