If you want to learn simple grout cleaning tips, then below will be a short but detailed list of tips that will surely help you get your tiles and grouts cleaned efficient and fast.
Tile and grout cleaning have become an easier household chore, thanks to the following tips;
- Before doing the cleaning yourself, always have a grout cleaner by your side. A grout cleaner is a cleaning agent specifically developed for tile and grout cleaning. They basically disinfect the tiles and grouts and loosen the dirt, grime and mildew build ups in the grouts for easy removal. You can easily get grout cleaners in stores for a few dollars, although, make sure that the grout cleaner you have is suited for your tiles and grouts; you don’t want to cause more damage by using an inappropriate grout cleaner.
- For the grout cleaners’ maximum potential to take effect, leave your tiles and grouts soaked with the grout cleaner for about 15 minutes.
- It is also advised to wear gloves to prevent skin infection, masks to prevent you from inhaling harmful chemicals from the grout cleaner and the tiles and grouts.
- To save more time, you can clean the bathroom while you are in using it.
- After the 15 minutes allowance, with the use of small brush; brush all the dirt, grime and mildew build ups in your tiles and grouts. Brushes are better recommended than rags because they are capable of reaching the holes in the grouts and reaching edgy parts in your bathroom and kitchen for thorough cleaning.
- Lastly, rinse the area with water. You can also apply grout sealers in order to maintain its beauty and prevent dirt from penetrating in the holes of your grouts. You can also add citric juice after the tile and grout cleaning to leave a pleasant aroma.