Beauty marks or skin moles can be found in any part of the skin. It is characterized by a dark colour which is normally a very dark brown of black. Some beauty marks can be genetic in character and if you have one there is a chance that one of your ancestors had the same mark to characterize them.
How Do Beauty Marks Appear?- Although most moles are hereditary, sometimes however a mole can be in place for reasons other than genetics. There is chance that you have a mole because of too much exposure to the sun. The excessive exposure to sunlight can result in an increase in the production of skin pigment which causes the darker colour of the skin than the other parts. But if you are getting beauty marks all of sudden and it has never been normal for you to get them, then it is a good idea to see a doctor and have them check out the marks that you have. There is a chance that it can be a sign of skin cancer. Although cases are rare it is better for you to seek an expert’s opinion.
Moles as Symptoms- Moles or beauty marks can be signs of problems that are more serious if you observe any or all of the following:
- The mark changes its appearance, size and location. Ordinary moles should stay in one place.
- If you feel any pain when you touch the mole. A mole is still part of the skin, so if there is any pain when you touch it that means that there is a deeper underlying problem that has to be addressed.
- When you experience a terrible itching over it.
- When the mole changes it color.
Removing Beauty Marks- There are several methods for removing skin moles. Some of these methods are quite simple requiring no complicated means and they can be done in the comfort of your own home. However this does not mean that you should try to remove a mole with seeing a doctor first. A doctor is the only one who can tell if it is really safe to try and remove a mole or not.
Here are some of the means that you can have a mole removed:
1. Of course the best method is to let a doctor remove it for you. You can go to a clinic and let them remove the mole. That is the fastest, safest and most effective way of removing the mole. The biggest drawback to that is that it can cost a lot of money.
2. You can use garlic in order to remove a mole. Crush a few pieces of garlic and turn it into a paste. Cover the area around the mole with gauze and then apply the paste. Cover it and leave it for a few hours. Repeat the process for several days.
3. There are commercial products that are being sold right now made especially for removing moles. Be careful in using these products as they can be a little too harsh on the skin.