If you have been looking for the one activity that can give you the right level of relaxation and help in relieving the stress that you feel building up inside of you all day, then you ought to try gardening. If you have never heard about the magnificent effects that gardening can cause then you are missing a lot. How do I know all of this? How can I give you assurance that gardening can bring that kind of effect to you? That’s simple, that’s because I have tried it for myself and I have seen how effective it really is. I get all kinds of stress from the office but all it takes is just fifteen minutes of working in my garden and I am okay again. So give it a try now and it might just be the thing that you have been looking for.
The Problem of Space- Now there are many types of gardening that you can engage in. It is totally up to you as to which one of these types of gardening should be your entry point. If you live in an apartment or a condominium then your problem might be space. You might not have enough area to accommodate all the plants that you want to take care of. The first solution that comes to mind is to use pots and other vessels, but when you think about it that kind of gardening is not as fulfilling as taking care of an actual garden bed and clearing the soil there. This is one of the reasons why a lot of people become discouraged when working on their garden.
A Garden Box- Don’t give up just yet, because there is actually a great solution for this problem. You can try gardening on raise beds. While this type of gardening is still going to eat up some space, that is definitely smaller than what you are going to use up if you were to try traditional forms of gardening. With this type of gardening you are going to need a box made from wood that can contain the soil that you are going to work on and where the plants are going to grow. This practice can also give you a lot of control when it comes to the condition of the soil that you are working on.
How to Build a Garden Box- In raised bed gardening the most important component is the garden box that you are going to use.
1. Determine the size of the box that you are going to need. One good size to start with is four feet by four feet with the depth depending on the type of plant that you are going to use.
2. Now you can figure out the amount of materials that you are going to use. Make sure that you include the materials for support.
3. Cut the pieces according to your desired length.
4. Nail the pieces together and make sure that you use wooden pieces to have support for the corners. Check the strength of the box.
5. You can then add the soil for your plants.